The Provincial Government of South Cotabato through the Persons Disability Affairs Unit (PDAU) has resumed the distribution of assistive devices to beneficiaries.
Earlier this week, at least five more recipients were provided with wheelchairs for free. The beneficiaries are the following:
- Angel Superioridad – 6 yrs. old – Cannery Site, Polomolok
- Kevin Talabang – 3 yrs. old – Acmonan, Tupi -received by the Barangay Officials of Tupi
- Paul Vincent Totesora – 20 yrs. old – Poblacion, Tupi
- Megan Rose Lasalita – 10 yrs. old – San Isidro – Koronadal
- Lani Mae Bentila – 14 yrs. old – Lamdalag, Lake Sebu
The PDAU headed by Brian G. Hervilla delivered the said assistive devices to the beneficiaries.
“This program ensures that the government is there even for the marginalized and vulnerable sectors. ” Hervilla said.
He added that those who want to avail of the program, are required to submit the Barangay Certificate of Indigency and a whole-body picture of the beneficiary to the Provincial Disability Affairs Unit for validation.
The provincial government of South Cotabato has allocated an initial Php1.3 million for purchasing these assistive devices including wheelchairs from the supplemental budget last year.
For the second semester, 300 more wheelchairs worth Php1.5 million is expected to come from the Barangay Development Fund under the Office of the Governor.
The Provincial government sees that all programs are inclusive to all sectors of society.