South Cotabato, Koronadal City- In fairness and equality, the Public Employment Service Office (PESO) will conduct draw lots for the applicants of Special Program for the Employment of Students (SPES) this year 2020. A total of 4,221 students applied for SPES province wide.
According to Flora Cavan, PESO Manager, they are committed to accept 1,000 beneficiaries this year; 650 slots for summer implementation and 350 slots for year round implementation. Cavan added that for this year’s summer implementation, the Municipality of Tupi, Tampakan, Tantangan, Banga, Surallah, Norala, Sto. Nino, Lake Sebu and Tboli allotted 40 slots for aspiring students who applied for the said program. For the Municipality of Polomolok they have 80 slots and for the lone City which is the Koronadal they agreed to give 210 slots.
Cavan explained that the City of Koronadal has the biggest slots for they have the biggest population and applicants as well.
Furthermore, the salary for this year’s SPES has increased to Php503.09 a day from Php477.73. The salary is composed of the 40% counterpart of the Department of Labor and Employment (DOLE) and the 60% of the Provincial Government of South. The salary for the year round implementation, however, is paid in full by the Provincial Government.
For the schedule of draw lots:
March 4, 2020
- POLOMOLOK- at Poblacion Polomolok National High School @8:30am
- TUPI- at Municipality of Tupi, 3rd floor @10:30am
- TAMPAKAN- at Brgy. Maltana Gymnasium @1:30pm
- TANTANGAN- at Mayor’s Office Annex Building @ 3:30pm
March 5, 2020
- BANGA- at DSWD Training Center @ 8:30am
- SURALLAH- at Libertad Gymnasium @ 10:00am
- NORALA- at Rizal Park, Open Gymnasium @ 1:30pm
- STO. NINO- at ASENSO Hall, Municipal Building @ 3:30pm
March 6, 2020
- LAKE SEBU- at Lake Sebu Municipal Gymnasium @ 9:30am
- TBOLI- at PESO Office of Tboli @ 1:30pm
- KORONADAL- at Covered Area of Provincial Capitol @ 3:30pm